A procedure for breast reconstruction in Dubai doesn’t require tissues from other parts of the patient’s body. In this surgery, Silicon or saline implants are used to replace the breast muscles after the mammoplasty. In UAE, the use of Motiva breast implants is very common and considered as a quality treatment.
Why Choose This Procedure?
- This special procedure involves fewer complications than the other treatment options for breast reconstruction.
- This technique also has fewer side effects as compared to other procedures as the surgery is only done at the chest area and the breasts are filled with saline or silicone gel implants.
- In some cases, a combination of both can be used to give the breasts a natural feel and look. The implants come in two shapes, round shape, and teardrop shape.
- Compared with the DIEP flap method of breast construction, Implant Based technique lasts between 10 and 20 years while the former aging naturally changes with the rest of the body.
Are you the best Candidate?
You are a valid candidate for this treatment, if
- You have a stable weight.
- Your mental and physical health is fine.
- You have undergone a partial or full mastectomy.
- You have realistic expectations with the procedure.
- Improves the appearance of breasts and making it proportional.
- Aesthetically creating the shape of breasts that look natural.
- Make good symmetry of breasts.
This procedure for implant-based breast reconstruction Dubai, is done by placing implants filled with salt water or silicone gel in the body. While the other procedures involve transplanting tissues from other parts of the body to the breast area.
During breast reconstruction with implants, the procedure is done by inserting the implants right under the chest muscles. This implant is filled with silicone gel or saline water. This procedure can also be done right after the mastectomy if the candidate has enough skin left. The procedure takes approximately 40 minutes. The effects of the treatment are seen immediately with minimal scarring. Women with small to medium breasts are considered as ideal candidates for the procedure.
The treatment may require tissue expanders to be placed inside the body so that the tissue expander can create space for the silicone or saline implants. The expander is placed for the women who don’t have enough skin left after the mastectomy.
How Is Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction in Dubai is best?
This procedure is considered a good option if you are looking for fast treatment with less pain with minimal side effects. All because it doesn’t require surgery on other parts of the body at all. Another prominent benefits include:
- Breast implants don’t require harvesting tissue from other body parts
- Radiation therapy isn’t required after or before the treatment
- Perfect size and proper augmentation can be achieved
- You can choose any of the two shapes available
- You can also choose between sizes
- Natural look and feel
- The whole procedure is also considered less painful than other treatment options available today.
- The breast reconstruction with implants is done after mastectomy and improves the look and feel of the breast area.
- The breasts, however, won’t feel natural to touch and will require silicon or saline replacement every 10 to 20 years.
- Quit smoking.
- Stop taking any blood thinning medications prior to the surgery.
- Follow the advice of your surgeon, and go for any necessary tests required.
- Take the medications as prescribed by your doctor.
After the breast reconstruction with implants, you should expect the breasts to feel firm, less mobile and smooth in nature. Six months post the breast surgery procedure, the breasts tend to get a little hard but the look and feel of the breasts won’t be affected. For better results, you must have to follow post-op instructions given by your surgeon. They mainly involve taking abundant rest and some preventive measures for the safety of your treatment site. The patient has to refrain from strenuous activities for a few weeks. The patient must take prescribed medications regularly.
Possible Complications of the Treatment
- Breast Reconstruction procedure is not advised if you are looking for a permanent answer, as implants require replacement after ten to twenty years.
- Breast reconstruction is also not advisable if the patient is looking for a natural feel and alignment. This is because the breasts will feel colder and less mobile but it makes the breasts firmer.
- Right after the treatment, the breasts may not feel natural and they won’t have the natural drop.
- This breast reconstruction procedure is not advised for women who have large breasts because of the complications in size that are felt afterward.
- The procedure, if done with tissue expanders, causes the treatment to be delayed for over four months and that serves as the biggest downtime for the implants with a tissue expander.
The recovery time varies from person to person depending on the type of surgery and the area it covered. Following points are some you may expect in the recovery process.
- Implant-based reconstruction of breasts takes very less healing time as compared with other techniques.
- You may feel sore and tiredness for a week after surgery and that is common.
- You can feel swelling that fades away with time.
- You will be called for stitches removal in 1-2 weeks.
- Normally, you are advised to join your work after 6 weeks.
- The end results are obvious and permanent till your implant need replacement due to any reason.
Cost of Treatment
The total treatment cost of implant-based breast reconstruction Dubai has finally defined keeping in view certain aspects of treatment technique, client’s requirements, and surgeon’s expertise. Generally, the cost is AED 35,000 or $9,537 but can vary depending on the mentioned factors.
Need more insight? Consult FREE with board-certified surgeons at Breast Surgery Clinic Dubai.