Cosmetic breast surgery can be a combination of techniques, principles and procedures that are exclusively focused on enhancing patient’s breast appearance. The key goal of a cosmetic breast surgery is to improve the aesthetic appeal, symmetry and proportion of the breasts. The procedure is done to enhance the appearance, size, and contour of a woman’s breasts. The scope of a cosmetic breast surgery procedure in breast enhancement includes:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Fat Transfer
- Breast Implant Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation, which a form of cosmetic breast surgery; is performed to enhance the appearance, size, and contour of a woman’s breasts. Women consider having breast augmentation for many different reasons. Some women feel their breasts are too small. Some desire augmentation after their breasts change after breast feeding. Others desire to correct asymmetrical breasts.
Breast augmentation surgery is performed using one’s own tissue from another body part or by implants that can be placed under or over the chest muscles. The incision can be in the axilla (armpit), areola (the area surrounding the nipple), or lower breast fold. In general, all breast augmentation surgeries are less invasive procedures. For augmentations in which the incision is made in the armpit, an endoscope (thin tube with a small camera and light) may be used.
Breast Lift Surgery (Mastopexy)
Breasts often change over time, and in the process lose their youthful shape and firmness. Pregnancy, nursing, weight gain and loss, aging and gravity can cause breasts to soften and sag. Women who are unhappy with the shape, volume and/or firmness of their breasts may consider having a breast lift surgery, also called mastopexy. A mastopexy raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast. A breast lift surgery is often combined with breast augmentation surgery to increase both the firmness and size of the breasts.
Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery is often done on women with large, heavy breasts who experience significant discomfort including neck pain, back pain, and numbness or weakness due to the weight of the breasts. During this procedure, excess skin, fat, and breast tissue are removed.
After breast reduction surgery, one can notice a change in breast sensation and the inability to breastfeed.
Breast Fat Transfer
Breast fat transfer is also known as fat grafting. It is rapidly growing in the world as a preferred breast reconstruction technique. Autologous fat transfer is a form of breast fat transfer. Where does the fat come from? The fat is extracted from the patient’s body through liposuction procedure. Fat is generally extracted from the areas of the body with excessive amounts of fat deposits. The fat is usually removed from the thighs, belly, and buttocks. The fat removed from the patient’s body is then processed into liquid; and then transferred into the patient’s breast. The procedure is famous for delivering the right size and volume to the breast. The treatment is good for the people who want to reconstruct the beast without a surgery.
Many women have very small sized breasts and they want to enhance the size of this body part. Breast implant is the most famous breast augmentation or enhancement method. As its name suggests, a substance is implanted into the beast to give it a proper shape and volume. The lost volume of the best is achieved again with the help of a right breast implant choice. Silicone or saline substances are used to make the breast bigger and fuller. The saline implant refers to the silicone shells filled with sterile salt water; whereas, silicone implant refers to silicone shells filled with a plastic gel. Once implanted, these substances just feel like a real breast.
Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
There are some procedures that are used when a minimally invasive breast surgery is needed. Yes, we have some breast treatment options that limit the surgery to a minimum level. Two advanced breast augmentation procedures are regarded as minimally invasive surgery options. BRAVA breast augmentation and AFT breast augmentation are the two minimally invasive breast surgeries. These minimally invasive breast surgery procedures provide hope to the women who are afraid of a full breast surgery. Domes made by BRAVA are planted into the breasts in BRAVA breast augmentation. On the other hand, fat is removed from the body of the patient; followed by its injection into the breast.
You may be a candidate for cosmetic breast surgery if:
- You are healthy physically
- You have realistic expectations of the results
- You feel that your breasts are too small
- You are upset with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or aging
- You are unhappy with the upper part of your breast becoming deflated
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
Pre and post operation checklist
Measures before cosmetic breast surgery include:
- Ask your surgeon questions so that you clear any doubts
- Stop smoking at least 1 month prior to surgery. Smoking can create nausea and aggravate the lungs during surgery. Smoking can also slow the recovery process.
- Tell your doctor about any medications you are taking or plan to take throughout your recovery. Discontinue medications containing aspirin, ibuprofen, blood-thinners, Vitamin E, and ALL herbal supplements at least 1-2 weeks prior to and 1 week after surgery. These medications can cause prolonged bleeding during or after the cosmetic breast surgery procedure.
- Bring your medications with you so that the doctor can verify your medications and administer, if needed.
- Please mention if you have allergies to any drug or medications.
- Let your physician know if you are prone to nausea.
- Advise the doctor about any complications that you or a family member have experienced with anesthesia in the past.
- Stop eating or drinking anything 6 hours prior to the surgery. You may have water up to 4 hours before surgery.
- Fill any prescriptions that will be necessary post-operatively before the surgery.
- You should not wear any jewellery on the day of the procedure.
- Be certain to have someone stay with you for the amount of time recommended by your doctor.
Measures to take after the cosmetic breast surgery procedure include:
- Taking medication as instructed. You will be given specific discharge instructions.
- Rest for the 24 hours after surgery. Take rest when your body feels pain or fatigue.
- You may shower 24-48 hours after surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Call your doctor if you experience excessive pain, swelling, bleeding, discoloration at the incision site, or fever over 101 degrees F.
Breast Surgery in Dubai
Dubai is on the verge of becoming the breast surgery hub due to popularity of its breast surgery treatments. Breast surgery is one of the rapidly growing markets in Dubai. Local women and the people from around the world now prefer to have beast surgery in Dubai. With over 150 certified plastic surgeons and state of the art facilities and equipment, Dubai offers the best facilities in breast surgery. At breast surgery clinic in Dubai we have maintained the highest standards in breast surgery, thanks to our expert team of breast surgeons and cutting edge equipment.
To know more about how we can help you reshape your breast, book a free consultation today.