Introduction to Autologous Fat Tranfer
As compared to other traditional methods for fat transfer, Autologous Fat Transfer for breast enhancement is safe, simple, and less stressful surgical procedure. It is a good fat transfer method that is widely used these days in breast augmentation or breast enlargement surgeries around the world.
Many parts of the body can be treated with autologous fat transfer. It can be performed on breasts, buttocks, face, hands, and scar areas. People often ask how long does the result of the treatment last. There is no specific answer to this question because the sustainability of the results varies from person to person.
Only a qualified and experienced surgeon can have the final say in this matter. Generally, in order to qualify as a perfect candidate for autologous fat transfer surgery, you need to possess certain attributes. You are a perfect candidate for this surgery if;
- The person possesses mental stability
- The person possesses a good and stable health
- The person should have realistic expectations with the treatment
- The treatment aspirant is a non-smoker and does not drink alcohol
- The persons ingesting any over-the-counter drugs for at least a month before surgery
- The person should have the required amount of extra fat in different parts of the body
- The person needs to define the structure of breasts, especially along the upper section
There are multiple goals of this autologous fat transfer surgery. Following are some important goals of autologous fat transfer procedure;
- To increase the size of the breast
- To augment your breasts without surgery
- To augment your breasts without any side effects
- To make your attractive with a suitable sized breast
- To remove extra fat deposits from different parts of the body
- To make breast fat transfer easy with the help of BRAVA device
The autologous fat transfer is a simple surgery that does not take too long to perform. The time to perform depends on the goals set by the patient. More time is needed if a significant amount of fat needs to be extracted and injected into the breasts. In general, the treatment takes from 2 to 4 hours. The treatment revolves around the following steps;
- The preparation for the treatment involves wearing BRAVA device
- Then the surgeon will mark the entry points and augmentation area
- General anesthesia is administered to put the patient to sleep or to sedate
- Fat from different parts of the body is extracted with the help of liposuction
- The extracted fat is injected in the breast area as per the needs of the patient
- Once the treatment is complete, the incisions are stitched shut to close down the area
Autologous fat transfer provides a variety of benefits to you. Following are some important benefits of this surgery;
- There are no side effects
- No implants are required in it
- No complications are involved
- It uses the fat of the same person
- Extra fat deposits will be removed
- No surgery is needed in this treatment
- It is an easy way to increase the volume of the breast
- Unlike breast implants, it has no fear of inside leakage
Your surgeon will tell all important points in detail. It is important to avoid all those things that can influence the upcoming surgery. The patient needs to be mentally prepared and must have realistic expectations about the results of the treatment.
You do not need to take utmost care in the aftermath of the treatment because the treatment does not involve some major tissue damage.
- The treatment is performed on an outpatient basis
- The patient will be allowed to leave the clinic right after the treatment
- The doctor will prescribe some medication to deal with the pain and other issues
- You might experience some pain for a few days
- The use of medication will subside the pain
The cost of autologous fat transfer treatment is not fixed due to many reasons. The cost of this treatment varies from clinic to clinic. On the other hand, the cost also depends on the nature of the treatment. In essence, the cost is determined by the areas of the body treated.
- Which one is better; a fat injection or other dermal fillers?
One of the foremost benefits of autologous fat injection is that fact that it does not introduce foreign material into the body. As a matter of fact, dermal fillers are not part of the same person’s body.
- What areas of the face can be treated with fat injections?
Different parts of the face can be injected with fat. For example, different parts or creases of nose, forehead, eyebrows, and neck can be treated. Hollows under the eyes, scars, and sunken areas can also be treated with this treatment.
- Is there any need of post-operative care?
You will have to visit your doctor a week after the fat transfer to have the progress checked. If you observe an unusual thing, you can visit your doctor before one week.
- What are the risks involved?
There are minimal risks involved in it. It often happens that the treatment area remains under corrected, over corrected, or uneven. It is due to the reason that about 40% of the fat injected gets absolved in the first year of the treatment.
The best autologous fat transfer in Dubai is offered by Breast Surgery Clinic. We also offer all other kinds of breast surgeries at a reasonable cost. If you are interested in a breast surgery in Dubai, please do not hesitate to call us anytime for more information. You can also sign up for a free consultation with one of our breast surgery experts in Dubai.