Breast reconstruction is becoming increasingly common in a Dubai where perfectionism has become a standard. It started off as a process to help breast cancer patients, but later several women started getting a breast reconstruction because they were not satisfied with the way they looked.
Let’s go through 10 things that you need to know about breast reconstruction!
- You can go through a breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy and at whatever time you want. This means that while there is a myth surrounding the fact that you have to go through a breast reconstruction right after or during mastectomy; it’s not entirely true. You can actually go through this process after as many years as you want. However, mostly women want to go through it as soon as possible so that their chest does not look deformed.
- During the time a mastectomy is performed, the sensation of the tissue is gone. It is absolutely untrue that the sensation returns after a breast reconstruction surgery is performed. In fact, once the tissue is removed, the sensation leaves with it. Women mostly aren’t left with a lot of sensation after the removal of the breast tissue. However, some feeling is also recovered in the upper sections of the breast.
- Currently no research has managed to back the claim that an implant causes a systematic disease or an autoimmune disorder, all these news are false.
- It’s not actually the implants that grow in size after the breast reconstruction; in fact, it’s the breasts that change their size according to the fluctuation in your weight.
- Even though muscle-sparing breast reconstruction processes are extremely short in terms of quantity, most surgeons still prefer them over the others.
- You can actually train for your surgery prior to when it takes place. You need to be at your level best in terms of health. Alcohol and smoking should be absolutely prohibited and you should take a healthy diet throughout this time.
- Implant based breast reconstruction surgery requires shorter time compared to a tissue-flap operation; however, the overall operation of the implants takes more time.
- Sometimes no surgery is required for exchange as some surgeons perform expander-implants that are gradually filled with saline.
- Most women who go through these processes are actually patients who require nipple-sparing mastectomies.
- Fat grafting is mostly used for improving symmetry, contour and other cosmetic defects that a woman has. Even though the newer methods of fat grafting offer a lot to the client, there is a lot more research needed in order to improve breast surgery processes.